registry error while logging in

From: Paul Cataldo <paul_at_bounceandbounce.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:58:13 -0700

Hello

I am a student learning Oracle.

I am trying to install the Personal Edition on my Windows 98SE computer to do my labs.

After the installation I try to log into SQL Plus but get an error trying to start the database.

"Can not open registry
software\oracle\home0\id_list
starting with default sid"

Then I am prompted for another password and cannot log in.

Can someone please help me with this. Oracle does not seem to have a free knowledge base for searching.

Thanks
Paul Cataldo Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 23:58:13 CDT