Re: help getting a trigger inserted value

From: <sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:48:47 GMT

Once after inserting the data into the table using the trigger, do a commit and then do a select into from your table in your procedure, with the name or something as a condition. On the other hand you can do a seq.currval to get the current seq.number. This will fail if multiple users are using the same procedure.

In article <8qtnbp$k09$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Greg Gale <ggpro_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for some help with getting the a value inserted by a
> trigger. I'm populating the primary key of a table using an insert row
> trigger which grabs the number from a sequence. How do I get the value
> that was inserted by the trigger so I can pass it to a procedure after
> inserting the row.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 17:48:47 CDT