Oracle TNS error

From: Sudip Chakraborty <sudip_at_inductis.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:56:40 -0400

Hi,

I am running with Oracle 8i Standard Edition and periodically come up with this error message when my application tries to open a connection.

SQL state:S1000Error Code:12500Message:[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process

I am able to login using sqlplus but cannot use DBA Studio.

I tried looking up the error code on the Oracle Technet website but they only have numbers from ORA-12400 to ORA-12495 and then from ORA-12700 to ORA-18010. Any ideas on how I can resolve this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sudip Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 13:56:40 CDT