Net8 Naming Methods - Which One?

From: Rowan McCammon <rowan.mccammon_at_macquarie.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:57:46 +1100

Hi All,

We're trying to work out the optimal method to deploy the Net8 client. The main issue we are debating is the naming method.

For example:
Do we have a centralised tnsnames.ora? Do we use existing infrastructure, eg. NDS or NIS?

Wondering if anyone has found any "idiosyncracies" in the various naming methods that Oracle offer? Or have any "war stories" you'd like to tell me about?

Any input appreciated.

Regards,
Rowan. Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 17:57:46 CDT