Re: Is export and import enought?

From: Syltrem <syltrem_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:33:37 -0400

Hi!

I know nothing about Solaris, but if you upgrade the OS on the same machine your are currently running Oracle, leave Oracle alone. When you boot you system after upgrading, just startup your database and all should be fine.

Anyway, this is true for OpenVMS. I just hope you don't have to reinstall every piece of software everytime you do an OS upgrade.

Syltrem