Re: users can't see tables

From: <sybrandb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 05:02:13 GMT

In article <8qrsfh$34f$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mr_potato_head_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I have an 8.1.6 database running on solaris 7. I have one user (
> which is the application ) adding tables and inserts all day long. I
> added some users and if they do a "select tname from tab;", nothing is
> returned. If I do the same command as the application user, all the
> table names are returned. Why can't my users see the tables? Thanks
 in
> advance...
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Either because they haven't been granted select privilege or no synonyms (neither private nor public) have been created. If select * from <application user>.<table_name> works, the synonym is lacking, if that also doesn't work, you need to grant privileges and create synonyms.
As this is a just *too* basic question, I have to recommend reading some manuals.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

All standard disclaimers apply