Re: Index-by tables as stored procedure parameters?

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 00:21:51 -0500

The following is a package specification and body that perhaps illustrates what you are trying to do.

Besides adding a body to the procedure I made these changes to your code: (1) "index by binary_integer" was added to the type statements since you wanted an "index-by" table, and
(2) "answer_id_array" was changed to "answer_array" to match the name of the type.

code starts ------

create or replace package ttt is

    TYPE question_id_array
    IS
    TABLE OF NUMBER index by binary_integer;

    TYPE answer_array
    IS
    TABLE OF VARCHAR2(4000) index by binary_integer;

    PROCEDURE StoreSurveyAnswer(

      survey_name_in       IN survey.survey_name%TYPE
    , user_uuid_in         IN resources.uuid%TYPE
    , question_id_array_in IN question_id_array
    , answer_array_in      IN answer_array
    );
end;
/
show errors

create or replace package body ttt is

    PROCEDURE StoreSurveyAnswer(

      survey_name_in       IN survey.survey_name%TYPE
    , user_uuid_in         IN resources.uuid%TYPE
    , question_id_array_in IN question_id_array
    , answer_array_in      IN answer_array
    )
   is

      v_num number;
   begin

      if question_id_array_in.count > 0 then
         for i in question_id_array_in.first .. question_id_array_in.last
loop
            v_num := answer_array_in(i);
         end loop;
      end if;