Re: Tuning tools

From: Fernando Pereira <morgan_at_cardume.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:44:27 -0400

You can also check DBPartner from Compuware Numega (http://www.numega.com/products/dbpartner/dbpart.shtml)

DBPartner also rewites the SQL AND it captures all SQL sent by any windows application to an Oracle server (includes dynamic SQL). Regarding the SQL rewrite, DBPartner is also the only one that can be extended by the users. And I don't think that supplying 1,000 new versions is a good thing (who wants to go and look at all of them? that's what the soft is supposed to do!)

But of couse, my opinion is suspect as I am the author of the tuning part (based on the old TunaSQL)

Fernando

<kreitsch_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8qsfo4$he5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hello Lucas:
> at www.quest.com ( go to Spotlight on Oracle )
> Then you can download and executing after getting the key by e-mail.
>
> You have to configure a user 'spot' for example with little tables and
> then the tuning -Trip goes on and poor databases belong to the animals
> who will dy out.
>
> Ok it's not so simple but the tool is fantastic.
>
> /Karl, be blessed.
>
> In article <8qs7k5$oso$1_at_news.ipartners.pl>,
> "Lukasz Feldman" <lukasz_at_atm.com.pl> wrote:
> > Where can I download some demo?
> >
> > Lukasz
> >
> > U¿ytkownik <kreitsch_at_my-deja.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I made best expieriences with Spotlight on Oracle ( Quest
 Software ) .
> > > For Instance-Tuning and for SQL-Tuning.
> > > You can fast idnetifiy instance-Bottlenecks and poor sql-STMT
> > > The best GUI for DatabaseTools i ever seen.
> > > The Tool is not so good for backround-Tuning!
> > >
> > > /Karl

 T.O.A.D, also

 SQL
 by