Re: Change SYSTEM's default tablespace?

From: <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:52:15 GMT

In article <st2ipei2phd63e_at_corp.supernews.com>,   "Dave A" <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Did the previous DBA leave under less than desirable circumstances?
 It
> would seem so.
>
> Set SYSTEM's default tablespace to SYSTEM and minextents=1

Apparently you are not familiar with the Optimal Flexible Architecture concept from Oracle. This clearly states that the SYSTEM account should be reassigned to the TOOLS tablespace. The logic for this is that many third-party tools use the SYSTEM user for database access; placing their tables in the SYSTEM tablespace is undesirable, to say the least.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/