Change SYSTEM's default tablespace?

From: <kb>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:31:35 GMT

I've been looking over some database creation scripts left by the previous DBA at my company and found the following: Early on in the db creation, the SYSTEM user is altered to set the default tablespace to USER1, which is obviously not an Oracle-generated tablespace. One of the attributes of this tablespace is minextents = 50 with extent size = 32k. When I use these scripts to create a database, I end up with huge amounts of apparently unused storage allocated to SYSTEM's tables in this tablespace. What would be the benefit of doing this?
From my modest experience and knowledge I'm tempted to believe that perhaps the SYSTEM id should be left alone. Does anyone have any helpful thoughts on the topic? Thank you,
Kenneth Buck Received on Tue Sep 26 2000 - 18:31:35 CDT