Re: Capacity planning for VERY large table

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:44:13 +0100

It is possible to have local bitmap indexes on partitioned tables. But I'm not sure this helps you, what would you partition on ?

Perhaps something like 16 range partitions on F01 with 16 composite partitions on F02, or 32/8.

How can you keep the last 10% of the data when you don't appear to have an 'age value' in the description, and when the data is 'static' ?

--

Jonathan Lewis