Re: Veritas File System

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 07:22:14 +0100

It's worth pointing out that QUICK I/O is little more than a replacement for the
file system buffer which allows you to
use EXCESS memory with slightly
more precision.

i.e. once you can't grow Oracle's
buffer because of the platform limit
on the SGA, you can still use memory
as the quick i/o buffer dedicated to
database file activity rather than using it as a generic buffer for all file system activity.

You need to have a pretty stressed
system to need it though - in most
cases a simple striping strategy to
ensure an even I/O spread is