Re: UTL_FILE Problem

From: <nhelman_at_cfbmic.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:05:30 GMT

In article <39B4BED2.9E330E2D_at_pestilence.net>,   Hassan viii <omotm_at_pestilence.net> wrote:
> Dirk Mika wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > UTL_FILE contains some user defined exception listed in
> > > package specification.
> > >
> > > invalid_path EXCEPTION;
> > > invalid_mode EXCEPTION;
> > > invalid_filehandle EXCEPTION;
> > > invalid_operation EXCEPTION;
> > > read_error EXCEPTION;
> > > write_error EXCEPTION;
> > > internal_error EXCEPTION;
> > >
> > > These ones appears with wrong work with files or wrong
> > > permissions ...etc. You have to catch these exception in your
> > > PL/SQL program to ensure all is done right
> > >
> > > Starous
> >
> > I finaly find it to be a matter of filepermissions. I'm the owner
 of the
> > file i tend to write to, but i have to set permissions to 664. I
 have to
> > figure out why, but it works for this time.
> >

> the oracle owner needs access to the file, seems like this
> is working through group membership (the second 6 in 664).
> If you use a fresh file name for writing and check the
> group on it after Oracle has created it you'll see wot i mean.

Okay, so I see a lot about file permissions and writing to a client workstation using UTL_FILE in Unix... what about NT. As best we can tell, the Oracle owner is the workstation System account that starts the NT Oracle services. However, even giving full control permissions to the "Everyone" group doesn't allow UTL_FILE to write files remotely. Works like a charm ON the server itself. Anyone able to offer any successful experiences doing this on NT?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 26 2000 - 18:05:30 CDT