Re: help oracle8i installation...

From: Reinier <Reinier_Dickhout_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:15:28 +0200

O.K. this is a wild gues about what's happening, since your mail is not totally clear about it.

You're installing Oracle8i p.e. which consists of several items. Amongst others there's the rdbms, which is the software that will manage your database and some sql*net client software probably. You als have the option to create a database right away. If you choose to do so it will ask you for your database name (GLOBAL name) and the SID, which is used to identify the database when using SQL*Net, tnsnames, connectstrings while logging on etc.

Anyway, you are free to chose these names within certain naming conventions.

Reinier.