Problem in Net8 Easy

From: <xiaozhang_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:58:11 GMT

Hi:

I am new to installing Oracle. Please help!

I have installed Oracle8I v8.1.5 on NT 4.

Two directories have been created
One for oracle database e:\oracle\ora81 <oracle-home> and oracle installing utility crated a menu ‘Oralce-OraHome8I’ in start\programs

The other one for enterprise manager e:\oracle\manager because oracle installing utility did not allow me to use same directory when I installed enterprise manager, and oracle installing utility crated a menu ‘Oralce-OraManger’ in start\programs

Now each directory has a sub-directory bin, network and so on, and each directory has a tesnames.ora, sqlnet.ora and so on.

It seems that all the utilities under the menu ‘Oralce-OraManger’ are working. But, the utilities under menu 'Oralce-OraHome8i' are not working, especially under menu ‘Network Administration’ such as ‘Net8 Easy Config’ and ‘Net8 Configuration Assistant’. The screens do not pop out after you click the menu. So, I am not able to use ‘Net8 Easy Config’. Or should I use ‘Net8 Configuration Assistant’ under the ‘Oralce-OraManger’ menu only.

Also, I found another oracle directory in c drive. I do not know what it is for. NT4 is installed in the c drive.

Please help

Xiao

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 19:58:11 CDT