jdbc access to oracle7.3.4

From: <ykishan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:51:56 GMT

Is it possible to have jdbc connection if I am able to connect using sqlplus? This may be a dumb question. But this one involves Oracle7.3.4.4.1 server with ANO encryption and some firewalls. I am able to use sqlplus without any problem.

Purpose: Access from java program using jdbc.

What I tried so far:
DriverManager.getConnection(connectstring, userid, password);

thin driver: classes111.zip
connectstring: jdbc:oracle:thin_at_ipaddress:port:sid error message: connection refused. no further information

oci driver: classes111.zip
Connectstring: jdbc:oracle:oci7_at_ipaddress:port:sid Error message: javai.dll not found in the path

I apprecaite any info?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 16:51:56 CDT