Re: Oracle Databases, NTFS file systems and file system fragmentation ?

From: Bastorff <nospam_at_localhost.zz>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:52:10 +0200

"Alexander Penev" <webmaster_at_cska.net> wrote in message news:39CF88C4.17F681D8_at_cska.net...
(snip)
> T3. I was the only one who didn't recommend this T3. The sun
 representative has
> told us that the disks run with 100MB/s theoretical and about 90MB/s
practical

90MB/s "practical" per disk??? Specially engineered by Vulcans? Even if those are latest 15Krpm SCSI drives you are very lucky if they achieve circa 40MB/s *burst* rate!

> throughput (every single disk). The fiber channel run also 100MB. Do you
know

There are different FC interfaces, but look more at controller IOPS spec rather than MarketingBytes/s.

> whether it's true? The redologs would be also on this raid5. Our db is
about 56

Isn't the most basic requirement to keep redo log, rollback and data files separated (not competing for I/O resources)?

(snip again)

Regards,
/fad Received on Mon Sep 25 2000 - 18:52:10 CDT