Re: Importing MS Access tables Using PL/SQL

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 13:15:33 -0700

With ACCESS on a Win2000 machine (or older NT version) we have a separate Access MDB which is invoked by NT everyday at a specific time. This MDB attached (locally) to the MDB with the data and pulls data from Oracle into appropriate tables in one of the MDBs.

The connection is via Intersolv ODBC. Oracle is on HP-UX.

I am not aware of any mechanisms for Oracle (remote host) to solicit data from Access (local or remote).

We do use an Oracle Gateway to all Local Oracle to regularly read/write data to an MS-SQL server using an ODBC connection. If the value justifies to cost, you might want to pursue something like this.