Re: Erwin 3.0 with Oracle8i

From: Atta ur-Rehman <atta707_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:03:33 GMT

hello,

For ERWin to connect to the Oracle server you'd need to define an Oracle Service Name, also known as Database Aliases. Please use 'Net8 Easy Config' utility provided with Oracle 8i to configure a service name. Once you've configured the service name and tested it through the Net8 easy config utility or by logging thru SQL*Plus by scott/tiger@<yourNewlyDefinedServiceName>, it should not be a problem to connect to Oracle from ERWin.

In the "Connection String" text box or "ORACLE Connection" dialog box enter the newly configured service name, plus of course provice User Name and Password in their respective text boxes and off you go.

hope that helps.

--

getting the meanin' of data...