Re: Urgent: System tablespace corruption

From: Dave A <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 11:33:41 -0500

While I can't add anything about recovering your system tablespace to the discussion, might I ask why *all* of the backups contain the corruption? Has this database been corrupt since it's inception? Are you using Veritas QuickIO by chance? It has a terrible bug that causes this corruption to certain datafiles both in the database as well as when the datfiles are backed up.(Yes, there is a patch).

--
Dave A