Re: Installation Problem Solaris 2.6

From: Jane Drury <jdrury_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:54:43 GMT

Ender,

Thanks for the insight. I looked into your suggestion with I still think sounds plausible but the installation files mention no dependencies on Java. The installation disk has Java burned onto it. I assume therefore that the PATH is defined in the installation script to read from the disk. The installer seems to die when it begins to define the variables related to the Net8 configuration.

Thanks again for the input. I'll keep trying.

EnderW <ender29_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8qjhnu$37j$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> I am not really knowledgable at installing Oracle itself but the
> problem you are running into is a classic case of classpath not being
> defined properly. Oracle installer runs on java so you have to have the
> classes it uses during the install. Check the docs about whether this
> is mentioned.
>
> In article <0G9z5.15635$nk3.762671_at_newsread03.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
> "Jane Drury" <jdrury_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Ive been working in Oracle for a while and wanted to get more
 familiar with
> > the Admin side of the app, so I just bought a SPARC20 w/(2) 90mhz Ross
> > processors, (2) 4 gig drives and 128mb ram. Running Solaris 2.6 w/ all
> > kernal patches current. Trying to install 8.1.5 Enterprise. Installer
 keeps
> > crapping out on me. I find the following in the
> > /tmp/OraInstall/oraInstall.err file ....
> >
> > Exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: OiQueryFileRes occurred..
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: OiQueryFileRes
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiix.OiixJarClassLoader.loadClass
 (OiixJarClassLoader.java:
> > 335)
> > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java)
> > at SolarisNetProtocol.performQuery(SolarisNetProtocol.java:34)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompContext.doQuery
 (OiisCompContext.java:1063)
> > at
> >
> oracle_networking_netcltContext.sl_detectedProtocols_getCalculatedValue
> (orac
> > le_networking_netcltContext.java:1936)
> > at
> > oracle_networking_netcltContext.getCalculatedValue
 (oracle_networking_netcltC
> > ontext.java:1174)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisVariable.getCalculatedValue
 (OiisVariable.java:491
> > )
> > at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisVariable.setVariable
 (OiisVariable.java:946)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompContext.doOperation
 (OiisCompContext.java:515)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbLinearIterator.iterate
 (OiifbLinearIterator
> > .java:116)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicCompsWizEngine.doOperation
 (OiicCompsWizEngine.jav
> > a:92)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbLinearIterator.iterate
 (OiifbLinearIterator
> > .java:116)
> > at
> >
> oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$OiicSelCompsInstall.doOperatio
> n(Oi
> > icInstallSession.java:555)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate
 (OiifbCondIterator.jav
> > a:140)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation
 (OiicPullSession.java:404)
> > at
> > oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation
 (OiicSessionWrapper.jav