Re: Defragmenting table

From: Leonard F Clark <lfc_at_zoom.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:21:41 GMT

Florent,

Is this table significantly *wider* than the others (i.e. does it have a lot of columns, or some very large columns.

We have found that a count(*) pulls the dictionary cache for that table (I think - it was a while ago and may have been some other part of the SGA). So one possible explanation is that a component of the SGA is sized too small.

Len