Creating new control File

From: <bhavesh_busa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 14:47:20 GMT

In my DB, the system tablespace's datafile is corrupted. All the old backup's contain the corruption for that particular datafile. So retoration from old database backups is not possible.I have verified this using tool 'dbv'.
I do have a 2 months old db backup. But I'm unable to recover from this status as I lost offline redo logs which will make recovery possible.

I'm thinking of creating a new control file with the old system datafile and the other latest datafiles. Please advice will this work ?
and will be the database be consistent?

One possible hitch is that I'm not sure whether oracle check's for individual checkpoints in all the datafiles while creating a new control file.
Any idea about this ?

As a DBA y'all know how urgent it is!!!! Please reply ASAP.

Regards
-Bhavesh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Sep 23 2000 - 09:47:20 CDT