Re: 450 reads/sec on Solaris (8i) - what is needed?

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 13:06:05 -0700

You need a disk sub system that can do at least 450 reads per second. (multiple drives, multiple controllers) and you need to spread the load among multiple disk drives. If the queries are efficient you need more spindles and IO channels not necessarily a lot of CPU. Of course disk cache is important.
Jim