Re: Lost rollback segment datafile, database will not start

From: nomenclature <nom_at_tonal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:25:33 +0100

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> If he's in nomount stage, he won't be able to drop the tablespace. You can
> only talk tablespace language when you're fully open (Hence, if he follows
> your advice, he'll get an ORA-01109 error). And how on earth is he supposed
> to create a new tablespace in the nomount stage?? If he tries it, he'll get
> another ORA-01109. And it won't work in mount stage, either.

Fine - I asked to be corrected, like I said I've done this before - if I'd been going slower I'd have said mounted but not open. Who crapped in your lunch today?

> If you're going to offer advice, I think you need to do a minimum amount of
> checking that it is not total nonsense. Yours, in this case, unfortunately
> is. Particularly as it seems you have no idea of the difference between
> mount and nomount stages.

Arrogant tosser - try to help someone and a total stranger tosses insults. The key point I made was correct - he has to drop the tablespace. Thus you are simply wrong - it is not 'total nonsense'

You rightly mention backups and archivelogs which I didn't so hats off to you, but get an attitude lesson. Kids these days...