Multicasting help needed..

From: Luniz_C <luniz_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:17:38 -0500

Hi all,

It seems that our servers running Oracle 8.0 use multicasting. It is causing broadcast hell on our clients networks apparently. There is a work around recommended by Oracle. To loop back the multicast address, but whenever I try to go into NT and set up this route I receive "The Route Addition Failed:87"

This is what I am entering: Route add 224.0.0.0 mask 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1

Am I entering this wrong? I researched this issue on technet, but it was not any help.

Thanks

--
Luniz_C