1 listener service for 2 servers running separate instances

From: <jasondma_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/09/21

Hi,

I am NEWbie to Oracle and I am am not sure what I am trying to do is possible with the tools I know. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be most appreciated.

The problem:

I have 2 servers running separate instances of Oracle. Server 1 straddles the firewall and server 2 is completely behind it. I would like to set up a listener service on server 1 that would act as a proxy routing connections either to the instance on server 1 or on server 2 depending on the connection string.

First off, is this possible? I have tried many iterations of listener.ora and tnsnames.ora combinations and I have come up short.

Again, I am grateful for any guidance.

Thanks,

Jason

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT