Re: replication: sequences, triggers, packages

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/09/21

Oracle SEQUENCE objects cannot be replicated. When we had a need for the same sequence on two databases, we created the sequences such that they would never generate the same value. for example, on one database, the sequence was defined 'start with 1 increment by 2'
and the same sequence on the other database was defined 'start with 2 increment by 2'.

packages will have to be maintained on each database as well.