Re: installing Oracle8i management sever

From: Tom McNally <tmcnally_at_mdlinc.com>
Date: 2000/09/21

Microsoft Active Directory is a part of Windows 2000 Server, not NT4. The directory service you'll want to use (if you want to) is the Oracle Services. The hostname is the name of your server (dns name).

I suggest you read the Oracle8i Administrators Guide.pdf, which addresses a lot of your questions.

--
Tom McNally
tmcnally_at_mdlinc.com