Re: import just procedures and sequences?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/09/21

Gavin,

   It's a little kludgy, but this will work. Export your schema or database. Then import with the SHOW=Y option and LOG it to a file. This won't import the data, but show you what the import will do. You can take the LOG file and edit out the CREATE TABLE/INDEX/SEQUENCE commands and any other stuff you don't want. When you are done, you will have a script to create those procedures and sequences you want. Then just run the script!!!

HTH,
Brian

gdas_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to import only the procedures and sequences out of a
> dmp file? (running 8.1.5 on NT).
>
> I didn't do a full import because I wanted to import certain tables
> from the file. However, now I need a way to get the sequences and
> procedures out of the file. I've gone through the entire import
> documentation and couldn't find anything that indicated a way to do
> this.
>
> Are there any workarounds aside from doing a full import?
>
> thanks for any tips,
> Gavin
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.