Re: A free table/index reorganization tool for download.

From: Phil <phil_sheu_at_amax.com>
Date: 2000/09/21

Another two functions has been added to the utility.

  1. Datafile I/O weight with sum by disk driver. you can specify the the substring parameter get get the correct file name and disk letter. and eliminate the file path.
  2. Objects that has not enough free space to extend. you can specify a higher next extent - freespace ratio (Object's NextExtent/MaxFreeSpace) to get an eailer alert.

if anyone interest about it, please go to http://www.geocities.com/hsheu to download.

Have a nice day!

Phil

nomenclature <nom_at_tonal.net> wrote in message news:39C9BA65.EEB68291_at_tonal.net...
> Phil wrote:
> >
> > I have to apologize to everyone.
> > When I was packing the software, I forget to put the DBA.EXE in it.
> > Please forgive me.
> >
> > I fixed the problem and put a new one (3.32 MB zipped file with VFP
 library)
> > please go to my web site to download a new one (temporary changed)
>

> No - too late. God knows what your program might
> do to any database I was stupid enough to connect
> to with it.
> You do NOT inspire confidence.
>

> > If you have installed the old one and haven't remove it, which means you
> > have installed the VFP supported library, so what you need to do, just
> > download the DBA.EXE (59KB zipped file) and save you some download time.
> >
> > Apologize again!
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > p.s. The new one includes an IO weight report, and I'll add a function
> > sum IO weight by disks driver later.
> >
> > <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:8pr958$gpl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > Phil,
> > >
> > > Apparently you do not understand the nature of the problem -- THERE IS
> > > NO DBA.EXE IN THE C:\DBA DIRECTORY AFTER INSTALLATION. The ONLY
> > > dba.exe file is the one we download and begin the installation with.
> > >
> > > It can't 'works' if it isn't there.
> > >
> > > You need to fix the problem by including the executable.

 program
 will
 DBA.EXE
 file