Re: Very simple question

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

My understanding is that UTL_FILE only works on the server. You can't let Oracle read from and write to a file on your client PC running Windows across the network. If you client is an NFS UNIX client, it may work.

Anyway, it's worth to try setting utl_file_dir to * (temporarily) in init.ora and see if anything works.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com