double sid

From: <sankar81_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

Hi all,

on solaris8 I have installed oracle8.1.6.

as first time creation of database failed and next time it was successfull,

while doing
ps_ef_grep ora_

this shows me that both the instance are running,

and I am forced to start database by
svrmgrl> startup open pfile=.......

I can kill the unwanted process on unix but I want to get rid of the situation cleanly.

what should I do?
thanks in advance

sankar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT