oracle 816 sid name limit:

From: david spaisman <david.spaisman_at_compaq.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

Hello:

When I was using Oracle 804 on NT Ii thought there was a limit on the number of characters that a SID could be named-- that was 4 characters as I had once received an error to that effect.

In Oracle 816, has the maximum number of characters changed to 8 charcters for the SID name or has the maximum been 8 characters for a while? If the later, from what version on NT?

Any information that can be provided will be appreciated. THanks.

David Spaisman Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT