Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on Windows 2000

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

I've installed it on both, and it works fine on both.

I personally think your choice between NT/W2K comes down to what your gut feelings dictate. For me, NT seems slower, and less stable. But it's been out there for a good number of years, and has had more bug-hunting time. That might give me pause for thought in a production environment -but not in a development one.

FWIW, the NT machine was recently wiped, reformatted, and installed with W2K Professional, and that's my operating system of choice these days.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000