Re: How do you create a double-primary key?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

What you're saying is that the combination of ID1 and ID2 is the primary key on this table. That's a concatentated primary key, and is easily done with the alter table command

Alter table xxxx
Add (Constraint <name> Primary Key (ID1,ID2) ) deferrable initially immediate
Using Index
Tablespace indx01

Key things: ignore the 'deferrable' line if you don't have Oracle 8 or above.
Always house the index that will be automatically created for you when you declare a primary key in the appropriate index tablespace.

Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation
Oracle DBA Resources:               http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000

"Francesco Marchioni" <Francesco.Marchioni_at_intra.lastminutetour.com> wrote
in message news:8q7ruq$g9o$1_at_marte.lastminutetour.com...

> Hello,
> I'd like to know how can I create a table with a double primary key?
> I mean I have two keys
>
> ID1 ID2
>
> and it's legal to have duplicates of ID1 or duplicates of ID2 but not of
ID1