OpenVMS connectivity to Microsoft SQL Server on Windows NT

From: Jim Strehlow <jims_at_data911.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

We need to know what products exist to enable a program on an OpenVMS Alpha computer to connect and query a Microsoft SQL Server running on Microsoft Windows NT.

We have Oracle instances and Oracle OCI. Is OCI sufficient to accomplish the task?

What is needed for the TCP/IP networking connection to Microsoft Windows NT?
(e.g. just a simple change to TNSnames.ORA ?)

Do we need a middleware product that has an OpenVMS and a Windows NT component to accomplish the task?

Is it better to use an application API / RPC method or is it "better" to use some sort of self-developed TCP/IP messaging protocol?

We would appreciate guidance through this discovery phase.

Thank you.

Jim Strehlow: jims_at_data911.com
Data911
2021 Challenger Dr