Re: Users and Security

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

I don't know any way to prevent them from logging in, but you can prevent them from having access to any objects except through your application.

You can create a role that has the required access. Grant the user the role, but:
1) Password protect it.
2) Do not make it a default role.

Within your application, use dbms_session.set_role to enable the role, so the user can see all the objects they need to. However, when they log into SQLPLUS, they won't have that role, they won't know the password to enable the role, so they won't be able to see any objects.

John Alexander
www.SummitSoftwareDesign.com