Re: tips on moving oracle to new machine

From: <gdas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

In article <39c835e4$1_at_news.iprimus.com.au>,   "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:
> Version of Oracle would help.
>
> If you have 8i, the 'move tablespace' command comes in particularly
 handy.

> Regards
> HJR
So you are saying that there is no way to accomplish this on the import and I just have to import the data as is and find a way to move things around manually? in which case the move tablespace command might work (I am using 8i, but the documentation seems to imply this command only works with index organized tables. My tables are not of this type), but I will give it a shot.

Just wanted to make sure there weren't any tricks in the import.

Thanks for the help,
Gavin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT