Re: Defragmenting table

From: Dirk Mika <dirk.mika.dm1_at_bayer-ag.de>
Date: 2000/09/20

Hi,

> In my case i have found it more efficient to use count(rowid) rather
> than row(*), but i don't think that the savings are worth the effort.
> Florent

I did some tests with autotrace on and found no difference. I had the same problem with a table grown very large and than every row was deleted. So a select count(*) returned 0 but it took more than 6 seconds to return.
After a truncate table it was much faster. But this won't really help in your case :-)

Regards

Dirk Mika

--
Bayer AG