Re: analyzing db for performance bottlenecks

From: Guy Birkbeck <guy_at_tandr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:49:12 -0400

You didn't mention the type of transaction (insert/update/delete/select), if

triggers/packages were involved, if the machine itself was CPU bound etc.

Oracle out of the box comes with many tools for tracing down such problems.

You could be dealing w/ locking (the java servers locking the same rows - utllockt)
concerns, sorting concerns, redo issues, archive targets, have you collected stats
on NT yet .....

start w/ bstat-estat

guy