Re: Why bother with a database if ...

From: Michael D. Long <lead_dog_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:53:19 -0400

If I may ask, why store all of the data in a single queue? You could achieve parallel processing by simply having the collection process perform a round robin distribution to (n) files and an instance of the final process run against each file.

Of course, you can implement a similar
technique within the database and still
have transaction management.

--