Oracle 8i Default accounts

From: Gregory Lechkun <lechkung_at_dteenergy.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:23:28 -0400

Hi everyone,

I start working on Oracle 8i on NT 4.0, and found that I got more default account than what I had bargained on. The default accounts with their default table space are as follows:

Username           Default TS
SYS                     SYSTEM
SYSTEM             TOOLS
OUTLN                SYSTEM
DBSNMP            SYSTEM
AURORA$ORB$UNAUTHENTICATED    SYSTEM
ORDSYS             SYSTEM
ORDPLUGINS    SYSTEM
MDSYS                SYSTEM
CTXSYS               DRSYS

I have changed all of the username passwords mentioned above and I'm going to move all of them out of the SYSTEM tablespace.

My question is: Should I be making these account changes?

Thanks in advance,
Greg Lechkun
gpl :-)
lechkung_at_dteenergy.com Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 11:23:28 CDT