Re: 8i EJB control panel

From: Mark Tomlinson <marktoml_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:25:34 -0400

> Is there some gui manager for controlling and deploying EJB's in
> oracle 8i enterprise? So far, all I can find are some vaguely documented

No, just Session shell (sess_sh). But it is documented in the EJB and CORBA developers guide.

> command line tools. I find likewise problems for jdeveloper, which
> has absolutely no wizards for developing EJB's. Since I'm an EJB
> newbie, I really do want wizards! :-)

??? What version are you using? 3.1 certainly has plenty of wizards for generating and deploying EJBs, in fact so much so that you never need to use session shell. The only down side is that currently you can't drop an EJB once you have deployed it from within the GUI and you must still use the REMOVE and DROPJAVA command line tools for that. Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 19:25:34 CDT