Re: sql.bsq

From: Jerry <america_at_usa.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:04:45 -0500

Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote in message news:rEyx5.189$VQ.31572_at_newshog.newsread.com...
> Or - I hate to say it - If you are running any version of 8i, you can use
> the GUI database creation assistant and have Oracle handle everything in
 the
> correct order including adding parameters to your tnsnames.ora and
> listener.ora and bouncing the listener.
>
> Van

The question was how to manually create a database. I was in a situation once where dbassit would not run and we had to manaully create the database. In Oracle 8.0.5 the GUI database assistant would not run because the video card on the server was a 16 bit card only. From searching the Oracle Technoloy Network I discovered this bug listed. But that was two weeks after we needed to recreate the databases during an upgrade. The chap I worked with happen to know how to do it manually. I liked to document the process just in case. Having started out in Unix and Dos operating system I am positive that I have a better understanding of the OS than someone who can only work from a GUI interface. The same goes for Oracle.

Thanks Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 21:04:45 CDT