Backup Controlfile to Trace

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:12:29 +1000

I'm trying to work out a way of determining the name (before the event) that Oracle will give the trace file after issuing the backup controlfile to trace command.

(Windows 2000, 8.1.6)

The trace file helpfully points out when you read it that the Windows Thread ID was 12345 (say!), and hence the tracefile name of ORA12345.TRC. But I'd like to know this in advance, and was wondering whether there's some V$ I don't know about that would tell me (V$PROCESS doesn't, as far as I can tell), or is there some Windows-specific thing I should know about that I can interrogate with some clever bit of C?

Hope you can help,
Regards
HJR

Opinions expressed are my own, and not those of Oracle Corporation Oracle DBA Resources: http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000