Re: need help about autoextend feature

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:38:01 GMT

Sandeep,

in the past I used to work with autoextend. One thing I've noticed and that might cause a problem is that once the space has been occupied it wil not be released automaticly. This means that if your temptablespace  requires a lot of space for, let's say, a sort-action the datafile will grow but it will not shrink afterwards. This means that you must carefull monitor the available diskspace to prevent accidents.

h.t.h.

BertJan Meinders

In article <39C59D27.1DB8182A_at_home.com>,   Sandeep Bajwa <sbajwa_at_home.com> wrote:
> We have a database with 152 datafiles on which we must have autoextend
> feature (24*7 app) I was wondering if someone had any good/bad/ugly
> experiences with autoextend?
>
> How to monitor the tablespaces/datafiles in this scenario? (any
> experiences).
> I am trying to run OEM (8.0.6) to monitor tablespace/datafiles.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sandeep

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 03:38:01 CDT