Re: lk$ORACLE_SID

From: frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:10:01 GMT

Indeed - a lock.
AFAIK, gets created when the db is opened, and deleted with a "normal" shutdown (may be aborted). Any crash will leave this file and indicate a non-"normal" shutdown. Can cause "still running - shut it down first" when starting recovery. Delete when you are certain.

hth, Frank.
ps not a guru - just ran into it once or twice. not even an ocp.