Re: Oracle Installer does not run right / unable to install orcle 8i on W2k

From: Mark Tomlinson <marktoml_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 20:20:23 -0400

For the installer problem I would suggest that you try setting the color palette or depth to a lesser number as this is probably a JRE issue causing the installer to fail, or you just don't have enough free memory.

The registry keys might not be deletable without ADMINISTRATOR privs, but as someone already pointed out you need to be ADMINISTRATOR to install anyway (or should be).

The last bit is due to the fact that the java version of the installer doesn't use JUST the registry to store this information (point of fact the installer doesn't use it at all for tracking what is installed). Look in the \Program Files\ directory of the DEFAULT drive for the system (usually the SYSTEM drive). You will see an Oracle subdirectory... The installer keeps the installed program information in there.