Re: multiblock read count

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:47:18 GMT

In article <8q53f1$7me$1_at_soap.pipex.net>,   "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:
> "Mark D Powell" <markp7832_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Multi-block read count only comes into effect for full table scans
 (and
> > maybe fast full index scans). In the past it has been recommended
> > set this parameter equal to the OS maximum number of bytes that
 can be
> > read in one IO request which is usually 64K or 128K on most UNIX
> > systems
>
> Is the equivalent setting for NT4/Win2k noted anywhere?
>
> regards
>
> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

For NT I do not know, but since on our Sequent there is a platform dependent limit of 15 blocks so you may find this in your platform sepecific documentation. If it is documented anywhere it should be there.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.